Thursday 16 May 2013

Middle-Aged Shopkeeper

Welcome back to the blog of Toronto's oldest magic shop. And in theme with getting old...I must say that I am looking forward and find it interesting getting older.

You read that right.

I, Jeff Pinsky am 47 years old. I took over Browser's Den when I was 29 years old.

Len Cooper the first owner and founder of Browser's Den started the business when he was 48.

I first visited the shop when I was 8 years old. Naturally when visiting someone 40 years your senior you look upon them as an older person.

Now it is my turn to be looked upon that way.

What I find very amusing is that for the past few years there are moms and dads coming in to the shop with their children. And I am in many cases about 20 years older than the parents. 

As I grow older it changes the dynamic in how I demonstrate/help/sell to the new group of parents and children.

And if handled correctly it in many ways is easier. Generally as one gets older people presume that you are in some ways at least wiser. As such newer customers with kids accept advice more willingly.

I could go on but I will not take up any more of your time as I am sure you have other blogs to visit.

I will add though that as I get older my sweater vests are even more comfortable.

Magical Hugs,
Jeff Pinsky
Browser's Den of Magic
Toronto, Canada
Serving Magicians Since 1975
Tel 416-783-7022